Saturday, March 16, 2013

My favorite Hidden Mickey - Test Track URL

In testing a new camera last night, I snapped a photo of the third "scanner" room in Test Track. This was formerly the toxic paint room, right before the "lateral forces" climb, and in today's attraction it shows a diagram of a Test Track car while a light sweeps across the wall, illuminating text written there. The text is far too small to see and read, but I snap a photo each time just in case.

Last night I got lucky and found the text included a URL. Curious, I typed in the URL to a browser and saw that it led to a single small image file: a Mickey Mouse shape. It took 1.5 seconds, but it sunk in: I had found a Hidden Mickey. And a rather unique one at that; visitors don't see the Mickey shape - they see a URL! But it's a Mickey nonetheless.



---
Kevin Yee is the author of numerous independent Disney books, including the popular Walt Disney World Earbook series and Walt Disney World Hidden History.