Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Downtown Disney parking lots closing July 22

Downtown Disney parking lots I, J, and K will be closing July 22 to make room for the parking garage to be constructed in its place (the first phase of Disney Springs construction). This is most of the surface lots from DisneyQuest over to Pleasure Island and the impact is sure to be immediate and profound. It will now be much harder to park.

For a long time, I've used the little-known parking lot in the back, Lot Q. It enables me to park close to House of Blues and walk in from that side. I suspect it will not be "little known" for long, and once this cat is out of the bag, there's no putting it back in. No matter. I'll use the parking garage when it's done, and gladly!

---
Kevin Yee is the author of numerous independent Disney books, including the popular Walt Disney World Earbook series and Walt Disney World Hidden History.