I had a chance this weekend to eat at Be Our Guest, the new table-service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. And the very first Magic Kingdom in the United States where you can buy alcohol as a member of the general public! (you can buy alcohol in Disneyland's Club 33, too, but it's members and their guests only. That is a real thrill too!)
Things I did not know before my visit:
1. There is animated snowfall
2. There are hidden Mickeys (one in a tapestry somewhere, and one in the suits of armor - spear tips apparently?)
3. The lunch dining room has drink cells. Are there free refills?
4. The Beast's castle is more photogenic for fireworks than Cinderella's.
Things I found interesting:
1. The ceiling "fresco" includes children of all races, which is uncommon in European palaces
2. The Grey Stuff dessert is free, one per table, and only given out if you are celebrating something. And by request, even then.
3. The famous Unicorn in Captivity tapestry is here, slashed by the Beast. A subtle poke at Universal, who also uses that tapestry in the Potter ride?
4. Napkins on your table are folded like roses.
5. The "music box" Belle and and Beast in the lunch dining room (quick service) was carved from a single piece of wood! Amazing!
Enjoy the photos! As always, click on any of them for a larger version.
Kevin Yee is the author of numerous independent Disney books, including the popular Walt Disney World Earbook series and Walt Disney World Hidden History.