Winter Haven, Fla. (January 7, 2013) – LEGOLAND® Florida kicks off the year with a full line-up of action-packed fun for 2013 with special events specifically geared towards families with children age 2 to 12. From LEGO® Friends Weekend to Kids’ New Year’s Eve, guests will want to return again and again to enjoy a full year of LEGOLAND® Florida’s special events and more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. All events are included with regular park admission. Families will also enjoy more hours of interactive family-fun with extended daily operating hours for 2013, 9:30am — 6:00pm. Operating hours are extended even further for certain special events. Operating hours are available at www.legoland.com.
• Junior Master Model Builder is a fun and interactive LEGO® building competition that takes place quarterly. Guests are invited to participate and build a model that follows the designated LEGO theme for each competition. Quarterly winners receive special prizes and will be invited to participate in the Ultimate Build Off at the end of the year.
• January 26 and 27, 2013: LEGO City Theme
• May 4 and 5, 2013: Yoda Chronicles Theme
• July 4 and 5, 2013: Independence Day Theme
• November 9 and 10, 2013: LEGO Chima Theme
• LEGO® Friends Weekend is a daytime party for girls that includes a LEGO Friends building event, entertainment, games, activities, a chance to meet your favorite character and much more. This second annual event celebrates girls and their personal individuality, just like the LEGO Friends product line for girls.
February 9 and 10, 2013
• LEGOLAND Water Park, a park within a park, re-opens with a splash and just in time for spring break and summer-time fun. Guests of all ages can spend a full day of play in the water park with the Build-A-Raft River, where guests can build their own LEGO inner tubes and float down a 1,000-foot lazy river, the DUPLO® Splash Safari, the Joker Soaker water playground, a 583,000-gallon wave pool and five slippery-fast water slides. Opens March 9 and runs through the end of October. Daily operational hours vary and can be found at www.legoland.com.
March 9, 2013
March 9, 2013
· Winter Haven Hospital Foundation’s Citrus Classic 5K Run and Fun Walk*allows runners and walkers to “play their part” during this community-wide health event designed for participants of all ages. Participants receive exclusive discounts for post-event park admission. Visit www.legoland.com for event registration fees and processes.
April 6, 2013
• LEGO® Star WarsTM Days is a thrilling event where guests will feel the power of the force. Celebrating all-things Star WarsTM, guests will enjoy reliving the Star WarsTM saga in the park’s newest expansion of Miniland USA where the six live-action Star WarsTM movies, as well as a scene from the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars™ are created of more than 1.5 million LEGO bricks. Guests will enjoy a Yoda Scavenger Hunt and a special LEGO Yoda build activity.
May 4 and 5, 2013
May 4 and 5, 2013
· Red, Brick & Boom allows guests to celebrate the 4th of July with a bang at this second annual Independence Day event. With special viewing glasses that turn ordinary fireworks into millions of exploding bricks, this July 4th celebration is sure to dazzle and delight with three nights of family fun and fireworks.July 4, 5 and 6, 2013
• Brick-or-Treat offers safe and family-friendly Halloween festivities every Saturday and Sunday in October. This spooky, kooky event features a Haunted Scavenger Hunt in Miniland USA, trick-or-treating along the brick-or-treat trail, LEGO build activities, the largest LEGO Jack-O-Lantern in the world, Halloween entertainment and an all-kids costume contest with brick-tastic prizes!
Weekends in October 2013
• Christmas Bricktacular brings in the holiday season with a 30-foot tall LEGO Christmas tree made of 270,000 LEGO bricks, festive decorations, LEGO build activity stations, a LEGO Santa Scavenger Hunt and holiday entertainment. LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier make daily appearances in the park providing a perfect family photo opportunity.
Weekends in December 2013
• Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve Party features nightly fireworks over Lake Eloise. Watch the spectacular fireworks explode into millions of tiny LEGO bricks with special viewing glasses. December 26-30, 2013
• Kids’ New Year’s Eve is the perfect way to bring in the new year with the family where the giant LEGO brick drops at a very kid-friendly midnight KST (Kid Standard Time) – otherwise known as 6 p.m. EST. Other event elements include a spectacular fireworks show and a DJ dance party in Miniland USA.
December 31, 2013
December 31, 2013
All events (*except Citrus Classic 5K) are included with regular park admission. The best way to experience LEGOLAND Florida is with the new LEGOLAND Florida Resident Pass starting at just $10 per month after a down payment (only $159 for adults, only $129 for children/seniors). Pass members receive unlimited admission for 12 months to LEGOLAND Florida and the LEGOLAND Water Park, as well as all other Merlin US attractions (LEGOLAND California & Water Park, LEGOLAND Discovery Centers, Sea Life Centers and Madam Tussauds), free parking and 10% off food and merchandise with no black-out dates. The Monthly Payment Plan includes a down payment of $57.24 with a monthly payment of $9.26 for an adult and a $46.44 down payment with a monthly payment of only $7.51 (pre-tax) for a child/senior. For the most current information on special events, daily operating hours and to purchase tickets, visit www.LEGOLAND.com.
Kevin Yee is the author of numerous independent Disney books, including the popular Walt Disney World Earbook series and Walt Disney World Hidden History.