Monday, November 26, 2012

Legend of Capt. Jack Sparrow Walkthru (pics)

As awful as the Narnia walkthrough was (both versions), I was dreading going into the same soundstage for the new Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow walkthrough. I need not have worried, though. It was more than okay.... it was actually good. 

The scenery is fine (cluttered, but appropriate). The technology is refreshingly modern, and looked good. The humor and the script were the real standouts. I won't ruin the surprises, but more than one line made me laugh out loud (and I mean audibly!)

I didn't like the "play along" stuff they did; it felt a bit forced and actually lowered the intelligence of the ride slightly. But it wasn't enough for me to say that I'll always skip this in the future. We'll be back. And that's saying a lot!

As always, click for larger pictures.



















---
Kevin Yee is the author of numerous independent Disney books, including the popular Walt Disney World Earbook series and Walt Disney World Hidden History.