Thursday, August 30, 2012

Star Tours secrets, Easter eggs, tributes

I collect tributes and secrets on rides - they form the foundation of my book "Walt Disney World Hidden History" and anyway I think they are great fun. I've known of many on Star Tours, but a panel at the recent Star Wars Celebration VI convention gave us many more to find. The panelists were Pablo Hildalgo (LucasFilm), Steve Spiegel (Walt Disney Imagineering), and Bill George (ILM).


I share with you here the photographs I took at that panel, but rather than label them all with text, I will link you to video slideshow I made to explain the tributes--it's more thorough that way. The photos will follow below the video:



And here are the photos:






























































---
Kevin Yee is the author of numerous independent Disney books, including the popular Walt Disney World Earbook series and Walt Disney World Hidden History.