Friday, February 18, 2011

Lime: Fresh Mexican Grill restaurant review

As former inhabitants of Los Angeles, my wife and I are picky eaters of Mexican food. No one outside CA seems to get it right.

Until now. Lime is located on Sand Lake (one exit south of Universal on I-4, and near the Pei Wei for locals in the know), and it's worth a drive from the Disney area.

Expect to pay $7 for most entrees (it's fast casual service, like Chipotle). The entrees range from big to humongous. But forget size - it's the taste that will stick with you.

We found the best pico de gallo we've seen in years. The best in Orlando, certainly. Refried beans are light, fluffy, and flavorful. Everything is flavorful. My "basic" beef taco salad defied easy description - how could it have so many complex notes in each bite?

Go. You won't be disappointed.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone