Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Too much going on - dozens of updates to do

Sorry for the very long radio silence. Let's take a quiz. Do you think I was:

a) visiting Tokyo Disney Resort for the first time ever
b) writing a 'how to visit TDR' book (over 100 pages) based on copious notes, previous research, mistakes made in person, and additional research once home
c) finishing the preview edition of Mouse Trap, my Disneyland CM memoir
d) visiting Disneyland for the first time in 2 years
e) updating 101-DL, 101-WDW, Magic Quizdom
f) updating WDW Dining Guide and menu prices
g) all of the above

Obviously, the answer is all of the above. The Disney hobby absolutely takes over if you let it.

In the meantime, I have literally dozens of things, little notes I made to myself, to post in this blog. Things from little maintenance issues to large, big-forest type observations.

Here's an important one: the costuming building backstage at Disney's Hollywood Studios is moving; a new one is being built behind Indy. What does this matter? It matters because it means space is being cleared from behind the existing buildings of Pixar Place. Meaning the expansion there is sure to heat up soon. (Thanks to themelaw for the heads up there).

I'll just have to get to the other, much smaller tidbits when I get to them. Consider yourselves privy to two new bits of info from this post: my Cast Member book and my upcoming Tokyo trip report. And of course that Tokyo book. Which isn't daring to pretend it's comprehensive... the very title ("Tokyo Disney Made Easy") points out this is a book to make things easier, not to tell you every last in and out.

Sigh. I need 38 hours in a day.