Tampa, Fla. (Dec. 19, 2011) – Over the summer, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay put the park in guests’ hands with the launch of its first-ever interactive iPhone application. In response to popular demand, the free app is now available in the Android Market as well.
The Busch Gardens app utilizes GPS technology to guide guests through the park. The free app is designed to make guests’ experience even better by giving them park details at their fingertips and helping them get the most out of their day.
The interactive map shows guests where they are located in the park and allows them to highlight the quickest real-time route to their next destination by clicking the “Take Me There” button on any destination page. Whether the destination is a restaurant, show, roller coaster or animal habitat, the app provides information on its location, menu, restrictions, wait times and more. Guests can also search for the nearest restrooms, lockers and ATMs.
It’s as easy as searching the word “Cheetah” to find a path to the new Cheetah Run habitat. Along the way guests are able to uncover fun facts about our animals. They can also connect to social media sites to share photos with friends and keep up with Busch Gardens’ Facebook and Twitter feeds.
New Busch Gardens App Features:
- Interactive real-time map
- Updated ride wait times and height requirements
- Detailed information pages for all major shows, rides, animal habitats and restaurants
- Important contact information to make reservations or schedule tours
- Ways for guests to connect to social media sites
- General park information and operating hours
- Live local weather and forecast updates
To download the free app, search the keyword “Busch Gardens” in the Android Market and iTunes App Store.